The video games industry is huge raking in millions of dollars every year, it is no wonder that the price of games keeps increasing with most games costing in the region of $60. For that sort of investment you want to know you are getting a game that is going to be worth the money you spend on it. With that in mind I have listed, in no particular order, my top 10 recommendations for the Xbox 360; there are some real gems here.
1. Firstly there has to be a Halo game in this list and halo reach is my choice, with its awesome campaign mod. The developers have worked wonders with the graphics and sound effects it has got to be one of the best sci-fi shooters currently on the market.
2. Next up has got to be Bioshock the atmospheric and tense feel of the game has still to be rivalled. It is almost frightening in some places with the creepy little sisters. You will feel truly pleased with yourself once you beat your first big daddy. The story is involved enough to keep you hooked for hours.
3. You need to have a driving game in this list so Project Gotham 4. While many prefer Forza this is a much less complicated affair. You do not have to concern yourself with gear ratios and applying decals and vinyls to your car. The weather affects added to this latest outing in the popular franchise is probably the final piece in the puzzle as this completes the whole experience and makes it thoroughly enjoyable.
4. No top ten lists would be complete without Grand theft auto IV there is just so much to see and do. The whole cell phone system is a great addition and keeping friends with people while sorting out all the other problems your cousin has got you into. My particular favourite is using the internet cafes to get extra missions, like which cars to go and steal.
5. Another Xbox exclusive enters my top 10, Gears of War 2 bigger, badder and better than its original counterpart, you will not be disappointed there are more enemies to shoot, gore to be seen and an excellent storyline that will keep you hooked till the end. My favourite weapon has to be using the chain blade to destroy the locust horde.
6. If you like Grand Theft Auto and cowboys then you’ll love my next choice, Red Dead Redemption with its captivating story spectacular graphics and an extremely open feel to it. If you get bored roping steer and rounding up bad guys you can try your hand at a little poker.
7. Generally as a rule comic book games end up being a bit rubbish, not the case here. Batman Arkham Asylum perfectly captures the feel of the darker Gotham city not the camp one from the sixties. You have access to all the familiar gadgets; there is nothing more entertaining than swinging from gargoyles using your trusty bat rope.
8. I enjoy zombie games, so you should not be surprised to find out that Left for Dead 2 has made my top 10. Basically it is more of the same, but if you like your zombie Apps like Storybeat action fast paced and frantic then this title should surely be on your list of must haves.
9. If you like shooters then you cannot go wrong with this next title, Call of Duty: Black Ops a very satisfying and intense experience, not very different from previous outings but if you enjoy those then you will not be disappointed.
10. Last but by no means least has to be Fifa 11 if you enjoy this particular franchise they have once again brushed up a few of the niggles from last year’s version. The ball moves more realistically than ever before and playable goalkeepers is an awesome feature all making it the most enjoyable soccer experience you can have on any console.
Hopefully you will have enjoyed looking at my top 10 games for the Xbox 360, no doubt you won’t agree with all of them or any of them but hey it’s just my opinion. Happy gaming.